Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monster book

I thought I had posted about this back when we did it a few months ago, but as I was looking for the post to send off to ABC and 123, I couldn't find it. So, if I did I'm posting it again, but this time I have the printable for you to share.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Here we are working on it.

You can adapt this to whatever theme you're studying. Just make one page per number and put at the top 1 monster, or apple, or whatever. We used stickers I had made with my sticker maker, but obviously you can glue or draw.

I've also figured out since making this, that while little books look super cute. In reality it works much better to have bigger books, so I've changed the document to reflect that.

Monster Counting Book

Another book we made on monsters was to describe the monster we made. These are very simple books, but I'm basing this off of what we used to do when I taught first and second grade. These are great helps to early reading skills. So we make lots of books in our house. Sadly the pictures of us making these books have been eaten by the computer monster that lives in my computer, but I have it on good memory that they were very cute and filled with lots of green, blue, and pink (favorite colors in this house).

Oh, and I use construction paper as covers, it's a bit more sturdy than copy paper and add a bit of extra color for visual interest without having to color the whole page.


This is My Monster
Related Posts with Thumbnails