Monday, July 20, 2009

Preschool Corner: life happens

It's summer so I'm really not trying to schedule too much for learning, but still want to keep learning. If you know what I mean.

So, here's some activities we did:

PhotobucketWe made cow costumes to celebrate "Dress like a cow day" at Chik-Fil-A. You get free food if you go in dressed like a cow. We were already going anyways to meet a friend, so..... We turned it into a learning activity.

We talked about how many legs cows have, and what do cows say. They also could tell me what cows eat and we talked about how our cousins had cows at their house. We talked about what we can make from milk and visiting the cheese factory.

PhotobucketThen we showed off our costumes by wrestling..... Sigh, they're in a major wrestling phase. I finally had to make specific rules about when and where.

Photobucket
We made puppets. I finally got my scanner working again, so I can post that pattern to share with everyone. It's very simple. I would say this is definitely a 3-4 year old activity. Princess just was not interested enough to get this completed.

 


Photobucket
I'm a big believer in spending as much time as possible outside. This is made harder by the 100 degree weather we've been having, so our outside time recently has been lots of splash parks and pools. As a result my kids are turning into little brown nut childs. They've also gotten immensely better at swimming and lots better at climbing. It's lots of fun to watch their gross motor skills develop.

So, that's our last week or so of preschool activites. to see a bunch of other great preschool activities check out the Preschool Corner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails