Thursday, September 9, 2010

stART: Toy Story

I’d link one of our Toy Story books, but that’d be kind of pointless, this wasn’t inspired by a specific Toy Story book, just my kids general desire to make their own story.  We’d read all of ours too many times.

 

Or maybe, that’s just how I feel.

 

So, I found and copied and pasted way too many pictures into a word document and printed it out, and they made their own stories.  Buzz Lightyear defeated all sorts of bad guys with the help of Iron Man.

194

 

I’ve done this for so many different character stories.  And to save you having to do all of the work, here’s links to the ones I’ve done:

 

Materials: cutting pages, either a small notebook (my kids each have a notebook for their art and stories) or some copy paper stapled together, or what have you to make your book), scissors, glue, crayons or markers

 

Bother, only the Iron Man one is currently done, so here’s the embed code for that one (I know I said I was going to switch off of Scribd, but I really like it, and I haven’t been able to track down exactly at what point they start charging, and I don’t like 4Shared all that much its interface is driving me nuts, and yes I’m whining).

Iron Man Cutting Page

 

 

I love this because you don’t have to be involved beyond the dictation of the story.  Which amusingly enough often has very little to do with the pictures.

Woot, I can just link the entire collection.  I am sure I will be adding more to this collection as I get more requests to write their own stories.  This is one of our more popular crafts on a routine basis (and why I’ve gone through so much paper recently, I’m thinking I’m going to get back into the habit of printing on the back of scratch paper).

 

Now head on over to Michelle at A Mommy’s Adventures for a lot more book related activities.

Related Posts with Thumbnails