Friday, April 8, 2011

Writer’s World: spelling

Favorite Resource This Week

013_thumb[7]

 

And here’s our new method for spelling.  We’re using All About Spelling, but were having problems with the magnets, and since we’re not using blends or digraphs yet, we’re just using the letters from a workbook that I laminated.

 

The white sheet you can see above is from “Rainbow Spelling Letters,” or that’s what we called them when I was teaching.  The letters perfectly fit into the space, but I haven’t found a duplicate of that yet.  I’ve bought some cheap magnet letters that might work.  We’ll see.

I’ve been loving using this and it makes spelling so much easier not trying to keep the magnets on the board.  I’ll probably eventually get another couple of sets of the “Official letters,” but for now this is really working for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails