Saturday, January 28, 2012

50 state study: Vermont

051

Vermont had some really fun books to go with it, and a few that weren’t specifically Vermont, but fit in with things they were known for:

Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream- let me tell you, any book and activity that includes ice cream is quite heartily approved of.

 

John Deere tractors (which looks to be missing from this page)- if you go to the post there are several suggestions for great books.

 

Champy- Vermont’s very own version of the Loch Ness Monster, Christy, who is now blogging over at Snacks and Stories, turned me on to the idea of Champy.  We used Mysterious Tadpole, which is really about the Loch Ness Monster, but it worked just fine.  I also have to add, I LOVE stories like this.

 

Nora’s Ark- super cute true story, and it gave my kids a lot to think about for what they would save if they had to leave their house.

 

Tricking the Tally Man- mwa ha ha, bring in math and history all in one well written and illustrated book, SCORE!

 

I’m gonna link this over to Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns and her reading linkie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails