Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Days 7 and 8, I think

Sigh, I know where these fell, but I’m totally not remembering the exact day.

 

003

We talked about the story of Jacob and how he tricked his brother and had to run away.  Then we talked about Jacob having his dream with the angels coming up and down.

 

Afterwards we created our own Jacob’s ladder.  I had planned to take another stab with the bubble dying, but I was not feeling up to it, and my second plan was missing parts.  So, regular old blue paper it was……

 

Since they didn’t know about my more ambitious plans they didn’t care one bit.

004

 

Princess was quite proud of her creation, and so were all of the kids, but she was the only one who posed with hers.

 

 

 

009

I love how everyone had a different interpretation.  Superman literally built a stairs out of popsicle sticks, and Batman had huge numbers of steps.  Princess wanted her angels to be pretty.

010

 

Now on to the next day, acting out the story of Joseph with popsicle stick puppets, which was a huge hit.  Other than I had to sit through 3 renditions of it all, which got to be rather “creative,” yeah let’s say creative.

 

You can see a not really tutorial on how to make the puppet theater here.  You can find the printables for the Bible story and craft at part 1 of my Advent project.

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails