Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kentucky: Young Abe Lincoln

I love Abraham Lincoln, and also tall tales, so a book that combines the feel of a tall tale with Abraham Lincoln is a good find.

The story tells the tale of young Abe Lincoln and his first best friend as kids in Kentucky, and actually does tell an incident that really happened in Lincoln’s youth, but with a fun light-hearted feel, which is important because it is a scary time where he almost dies.

036

 

After reading it we took some time to write “what makes a good friend,” (link to printable).  Their answers were amusing, things like “play with them” or “makes me laugh,” but they were very true.  It shows that being a friend doesn’t really change from being 5 years old to being a grown-up.  Or so called grown-up.

 

 

I’m gonna link up over at All Things Beautiful, with her history/geography Meme.  I have zillions of posts I need to link up there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails