Whereas yesterday was little girl heaven with the carriage ride, today was
The boys even got to participate in the “firing of a cannon."
1. The Sergeant (the man with the clipboard) gives the order to prepare to fire.
2. Add in your carefully measured scoop of powder and then add in the cannon ball or in this case bomb.
3. Set the range using what looked rather similar to an astrolabe (no picture because of poor angle).
4. Clear the cannon and set the fuse.
5. Light the fuse.
6. BOOM! (this shot is of course from the actual trained people firing it)
I’ll write a more concise and what we learned type post on another day. For now I’m going to read a little bit and then go to sleep…….. Maybe even before midnight, what a novel concept.