Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun parks

I've been working on slowly finding and learning great parks in my area. So, here's the one we went to this week: Katherine Fleischer Park.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out much, so the only good picture I have is this one:

This is an awesome park, and has several different features. Of course there's the usual playground, but since this is an older playground, it's actually shaded most of the day. A very important feature in Texas. It has a couple of different playscapes to play on. There's also a fun house to play in with a couple of stories and lots of little nooks and corners in it.


I just remembered I have pictures from an earlier trip, so here's what it looks like inside the house, forgive the weird blurriness, all of the pictures in the house look like that.


040

There's a great set of trails behind it that lead to a frontier village. How do you like the genuine vintage dress on Princess? It's about mumble mumble years old (also known as I wore it when I was a baby).



There's also a frontier village, which sadly you can't go inside the buildings except on special occasions. I understand why they need to do that, but I wish it wasn't neccessary. I found a post elsewhere on the village: http://www.texasescapes.com/MikeCoxTexasTales/237-Wells-Branch.htm


So overall I'd say it's a great park. I only wish it was a little closer to my house and not a 10 minute drive. I treat you to a look at an adventerous squirrel on my stroller. Batman thinks this picture is absolutely hilarious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails