Monday, October 12, 2009

Sea Shell Science

Photobucket

I'm going to try and start being a bit more organized about how I blog. That's my theory. We'll see if this plan works. So, pretend this post came out on Sunday, and it was title "Science Sunday...."

So, this week for science we learned about octopus and ocean animals to go with our O week. I'll probably post more about that when we get to our art project/writing project for the week.

However one of the big things we did for our hands on science of the week was look at the sea shells we collected on the beach. I got this oversized magnifying glass which is perfect for little guys at Lakeshore.

We studied the shells and noticed the different textures, and how it felt. We looked at a sea star that I had purchased for each of them. We felt the bumps on it, and looked at its stomach on the underside.

We made theories about why the different shells were shaped the way they were and how the different animals moved.

Photobucket

To keep me honest on this, I'm going to try putting up a McLinky for anyone else who has a science post to share. I'm sure there's lots of others who are doing fun science stuff, and I'd love to see what all you are doing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails