Sunday, January 16, 2011

Science Sunday: I was sick…..

Science Sunday

So, all of my plans for a cool Science Sunday post went out the window as I spent the last half of this week curled up in bed wondering if someone would put me out of my misery.

But, I did want to share this great illustration Jeff explained to the kids as I lay in bed wondering if someone was trying to hammer their way into my head or out.

They’d started reading about tornados, and the kids were enthusiastic about learning.  They’re very worried a tornado might come and destroy our house.

Jeff explained that a tornado comes through a town kind of like an eraser does to a picture.  It makes long lines of blank space, but doesn’t destroy the whole thing.

Isn’t that a great description?
Related Posts with Thumbnails