Thursday, February 16, 2012

God loves hearts

Happy Chocolate Sale Day!

10 Commandments heart

Okay, so that started yesterday, and is actually the reason for this post.  I wanted to alert you to a cool item for teaching your kids the 10 Commandments that I made.

I blogged about it at my NEW BLOG, PEG DOLL BIBLE STORIES, where I’ll primarily be putting up my posts about what we’re doing to learn about God’s Word.  But occasionally I’ll post them here too still.

 

004

Supplies: giant chocolate heart, foamboard or posterboard (I used the thinnest layer of foamboard, if you do that you need a thicker box, like as in one designed to hold 2 layers of candy), various red tissue paper and red or pink scrapbook paper

001

1.  Trace your box onto your foam board.  When you cut it out, cut just inside the lines.  Check to make sure you can easily take your heart in and out of the box, for me I needed to trim my heart a little.

 

2.  Trace the top part of your heart and divide it into two.  This will let you make the pieces for the Commandments (sorry, I have no pictures).

 

3.  Start putting your paper on using mod podge or something similar.  I figured out that tissue paper works best because it adds the least bulk.

003

4.  Check to see if it all fits in your box.  The second time through it did for me.

 

If you go to 10 Commandments Activity, there’s a printable for your kids to make their own version.

Related Posts with Thumbnails