Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween books!

So, some of these I’ll be getting in the mail soon, thanks to my BOOK ORDERS!  That’s right, I signed up with Scholastic to get book orders as a homeschooler, sweet!

 

Jeff did not understand my joy as I did a happy dance when I first got the orders, and then the even bigger one when I got the books.  He looked rather skeptical.

So, here’s the few I haven’t talked about yet that we have read so far:

 

We’re Going on a Witch Hunt- super cute variation on “Going on a Bear Hunt.”  We’ve easily read this 4 or 5 times so far.  This was our stART project this week.

 

The Little Old Lady Who Wasn’t Afraid of Anything- This is cute, and fun, and a Halloween classic.  I have an idea for a project to do with it.  We’ll see.

 

Clifford’s Halloween- I think I wrote about this last week, but I’m mentioning it again partially because it keeps getting hauled back out, and we did an art project with it.

 

Ten Timid Ghosts- Is a countdown book with a witch scaring the ghosts out of her house.  In the end, though the ghosts get her back.  I think that’s the part Batman loves the most.  He snuck this up to his bed, and I haven’t seen it since.

 

Skeleton Hiccups-  This one cracks me up.  It’s funny to me to see all the ways he tries to solve it, and the final solution is amusing.  Imagine a skeleton trying to drink a glass of water upside down, and you’ll see my amusement.  I’m thinking q-tip skeletons……

 

Now, head on over to Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns to see more great books.

Related Posts with Thumbnails