Monday, October 11, 2010

review: How to Raise a Dinosaur

18

Here’s what the back of the book says:

Just about every youngster at one point or another desperately wants a pet. Little do people know that just like cats, dogs, and hamsters, dinosaurs make great pets, too! How to Raise a Dinosaur is a unique novelty book complete with a die-cut jacket, dino-bites, sturdy cardstock pages, and lift-the-flaps on every spread! Perfect for any dinosaur lover, it also serves as a way for children to understand the importance of caring for a pet.

 

Now, here’s what I thought:

 

It’s really cute, I was amused at how many parallels there are to owning a dog and raising one.  I’ll be interested to see if my kids picked up any pointers from this book about owning a pet………

 

I loved the different flaps it had, that added a fun dimension to the book that my kids really enjoyed and fought over who got to lift the flap.

 

I noticed the random pages that had bites taken out of them, my kids noticed the funny illustrations.

 

And, who wouldn’t want to get the book after seeing this promo?

And for those who are interested the author is running a competition to see you and your pet dinosaur with her book.  Jump on over here to see the rules.  I already had plans to make some cute dinosaur pets because of this book, and now I have even more incentive.

 

Okay, I didn’t really need incentive, I just needed time and kids.  Mine are currently with Nana and Granddad.

 

That’s right, I’m footloose and fancy free this week with no kids, and a brand new puppy.  Until we go get said kids later this week.

 

If you want to buy the super funny book, and yes you have to love a book that tells you to be careful or your pet will eat you.  Click on the picture of the cover at the top of the post.

 

And stay tuned to see some fun dinosaur crafts in a couple of weeks once kids are back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails