Friday, October 29, 2010

Preschool Corner: Spookley the Square Pumpkin

 
 

Hmmm, I’m not sure I like what has happened to Live Writer on me.

 

So, we read this book, and of course we had to make our own pumpkins.  And then the kids had to go in completely a different direction, because that’s what my kids do.

 

But, the story is about a pumpkin who is feeling bad because he’s different than everyone else.  In case you couldn’t tell from the story, he’s square.  Yes, square.  Through the course of the story he discovers that it is good to be different.

 

001So, I set them up with a piece of construction paper in their chosen color (to understand that read the story).  And set them to making pumpkins.  I showed them to cut out the shape they wanted and then decorate them.

 

 

 

That was my theory.

002

Instead, they cut slivers and put dots on them and declared them pumpkins.

 

 

 

005

 

Batman drew a pumpkin patch and farmer.  Then cut them out and glued them on the mural.  I guess that is mostly what I was aiming for.

 

007

 

Princess…….  Well, she mostly did the project.  For a while.  Then she decided to paint herself.

 

Now, I’m partially to blame because I was also trying to work with them on a handprint project at the same time.  Yes, I was multi-tasking our crafts.  Shoot me.

 

But, if my plan works you will recognize my EVIL GENIUS!  Yes, you will, and then I will rule the world!

 

Oh, sorry started channeling my inner super-villain.  I’ll get back to my post.

 

017Where was I?

 

Oh yes.  The gluing on of the pumpkins.

 

 

041

042043

And as you can see, Batman’s farmer made it onto the mural too.  Though, he did briefly lose his hand, but through the wonders of glue it is back on, and as good as ever.

 

044

 

And, I’ll give you a preview of an upcoming post, and let you guess about the story behind this picture.

 

I’ll give you a hint, it’s something you wouldn’t expect most 5 year olds to be concerned about, but mine have had a lot of experience with recently.

 

Bet you’re curious now……..

 

And now, for some other preschool or kindergarten posts head on over to Homeschool Creations and see what everyone else did this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails