Saturday, November 6, 2010

Books about Florida

 

One of these things is not like the other one, one of these things just doesn’t belong:

 

Can you guess which of these books is not about Florida?  If you guessed “The Little Cat Baby” that would be correct.  And it was also the miss of the week.  It was just weird.  Really weird.

 

But, successes…….

 

A Country Schoolhouse- the clear cut winner, though it doesn’t take place in Florida I chose it for Florida because Florida has the oldest still standing wooden schoolhouse in St. Augustine.  So, we read this.  It’s a cute story of a grandfather telling his grandson what it was like to grow up in a schoolhouse.  Look for another post on this.

 

The space books-  I’d totally recommend “Life on a Space Shuttle,” it’s part of the Rookie Reader series that has never failed me.  “Launch Day” is geared for older kids, I’d say 3rd grade with a guess, and was too many words, and it covered much of the other book.  But, the pictures are great in both of them.

 

Animal books- all of these are from series we’ve gotten before and had great luck with, so nothing really new to say.  Other than “Barbara Manatee…….  You are the one for me…..  You came from up above, and you’re the one I love……”  Yes, yes, thank you very much I did get that stuck in your head.  Mwa ha ha ha ha ha

 

So, that’s my quick post about what we read this week.  We also reread several Halloween books, but I already wrote about them, and I’m trying to gather them up and hide them from the kids to save for next year…….

 

Head on over to Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns to see what everyone else is reading this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails