Thursday, March 10, 2011

stART: F is for Fireflies

 

I received this awesome box full of books to review from Zonderkidz, and this was one of the books.  I chose this because the firefly is the state insect of Pennsylvania, and I thought this would be a fun way to read about them.

 

And I wasn’t wrong.  It’s very cute.  The book goes through the alphabet picking different summertime activities and relating many of them back to God.

 

And that was when inspiration struck.  Our geography group has a wide range of kids, Princess being the youngest at 4, and we’ve have two 6th grade girls in the group at the oldest.

Supplies: pastels or crayons (I gave them a box of cheap pastels, which were all too similar to crayons), paper, the book for reference

 

020

Each kid got a small square of paper folded in half.  For the older kids on the outside they drew a picture and inside they wrote how that summertime activity made them think about God.

 

Younger kids drew a picture of a summertime activity and the letter it started with (in theory, when we actually got to the activity mass chaos happened and I don’t think any little guy did the letter writing).

 

My thoughts on the book:  It’s a great book for mixed age families.  The alphabet part is great for the little guys and the older kids got a bit of theology in the book.

 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book to review, I was not paid for it in any way.  The thoughts are my own, bad grammar and all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails