Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: made to play!

 

I’ve said this before, and I’ll probably keep saying it, but I love the books I’ve been getting from Shambala publishing.  Each of them has been a hit with me, but they also seem tailor made to the way I want to live and be a parent.

 

Reading this book I now understand how people feel reading craft books that don’t sew.

 

He has several woodworking projects in here that I would LOVE to do, but I don’t know how to carve wood.  But now I want to learn.  I’ll add that to my rather long list of things I want to learn to do which also includes crocheting and a few random paper projects.

 

014

There are several different projects in here that I’m itching to try out, none of them really require patterns, but there are some included for making them.

 

Before anyone starts thinking that significant craft skill is required, I think only the woodworking ones require that, and there’s several other projects in there.

 

Projects on my new to-do list, color coded according to type:

kid project, sewing, craft supplies needed, recycling

1.  Make a paper animal zoo

2.  Make a play blanket (can be used for the zoo or any other playscape), this is the simplest play blanket I’ve seen with lots of ability to adapt it to your new play ideas.

3.  Dollhouse projects

4.  doll sleeping bag and wooden doll

5.  slotted building discs (so VERY cool)

6. modular headband and leg bangs

7.  explorer utility belt and cape

 

All in all, I really enjoyed this book and I love the variety of crafts in it.  Most craft books I’ve tended to pick up have been one particular type of craft (cough sewing cough cough).  Many thanks to Shambala press for this book.

 

Anyone have a craft book they really enjoyed?  What about kid craft books?  Any favorites there?

 

Legal Mumbo Jumbo: I wrote this review in exchange for a copy of the book, they did not give me anything else but a copy of the book.  The opinions as badly or as goodly written as they are, are my own.

Related Posts with Thumbnails