Monday, October 24, 2011

Ten Timid Ghosts

Or maybe I could say it’s one of the other ghost books we’ve read recently.  But, that’s the one I remember the title for.

 

004005

After reading it, I forced the kids to paint their hands white and get handprints, because I’d seen a ghost handprint on Pinterest and remembered my plans to do it.  That’s right forced them because they didn’t want to get their hands dirty.  So, Superman didn’t really have one.

 

008

 

Well, we decorated away once the paint was dry, and in Princess’ case this meant adding large amounts of glitter glue.

 

In the boys, it meant making their ghosts look scary…….

 

Yes very scary.

 

009

 

And then Batman remembered the ghost he’d cut out of paper a few months ago.  He fished it out of his drawer and taped it up with a scrapbooking sticker border he’d found amongst their crafting supplies.

 

This would be why I never get away with getting rid of anything.  Three months later they suddenly remember their desperately wanted item and will hunt it down.  Nothing is forgotten here.

Nothing.

 

I will die with my house filled to the brim with paper scraps, because my kids will remember this “treasured” story from 50 years ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails