Thursday, October 6, 2011

Virginia: Chincoteague Island

Okay, technically the books we read are about Assateague Island, but still…….

I checked out a couple of books about these two islands, but I liked this one much better.  The artwork appealed to me more.

008One of the things that stood out to me was the many different colors of horses on the island, so we each colored what our horse from the island would look like.

While we colored I asked them which of the legends for how the horses got there they liked best.

Most of us agreed we liked the Spanish Galleon legend, but there are other ones briefly mentioned here.  If you read “Misty of Chincoteague” you get a much extended version of how the horses got there.  I hadn’t realized until I was doing background info for this project that there was more than one theory.
009010012

They all had fun coloring the horses.  It amused me that our friend colored a nice normal horse.  That Superman started with a normal paint horse and then after Batman created his blue monstrosity, Superman’s very quickly changed into a multi-colored “horse of a different color.”

Yeah, I totally had them backwards.  Superman had the blue monstrosity, and Batman started off with the paint.

See, Superman wore the Star Wars Lego shirt later in the week also, so that’s going to be my excuse for getting them wrong.  That and I can’t clearly see the faces……….

Yeah, that’s it.  I always know the difference in my kids.

Seriously ya’ll, I’m so screwed if they ever seriously try to pass themselves off as their brother, as long as they don’t open their mouths they might pull it off.  I still have my UBER-humiliate back-up plan.

I'm gonna link this over at All Things Beautiful and Start
Related Posts with Thumbnails