Sunday, March 28, 2010

Science Sunday: bird watching

002This week we had a playdate with our MOPS group from church at the park.  Wow, that sentence seems like quite the mouthful.  Well, after everyone had left and my kids were busying trying to stuff the ducks, we started to notice there were different ducks.

 

 

009Sorry, that’s the best picture of them that I could find.  This led to a lot of questions.  What do ducks eat, where do ducks live, on and on and on…….  I had just found this cool set of books at Half Price Books called “Birds of America, Red book,” there was a whole series of different colored bird books, and each different color covered a different type of bird.  Woodland, water…….  you get the idea. 

So, I set each kid up with a book, and set them looking through to find the ducks.  I knew that only one of them would be successful, but it gave them all a chance to look.  They happily looked through their books and discovered there are a lot of different types of birds.  There was also a lot of excited exclamations as they found birds they were familiar with.  Sigh, I thought I had some cute pictures taken with my phone of this, but no…….  I do have pictures of my flower ring.  What else am I to do with the 20 million “flowers” they gave me?

015

Their Nana, the bird watcher would be so proud.

Does anyone have fun things they do for nature walks?  I know Julie, over at Just Playin’ Around came up with some great ideas she posted last week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails