Sunday, July 10, 2011

Science Sunday: Whale Sounds

We’ve started learning about whales and dolphins and as I was reading about them it brought up all sorts of questions about their sounds, so I did a quick you tube search and played the different sounds.  I thought I’d save ya’ll the search and share what we listened to.

 

I also couldn’t resist a few for the boys of the different whales hunting:

 

I have to admit I could just sit there and listen to whale songs for ages.  And I at least can’t think of humpback whales without thinking of this clip from Star Trek 4:

Yes I am that nerdy

 

Okay, so it’s a bit of a lazy post, but I figure that’s more interesting to see than my saying we sorted them into baleen and non-baleen whales.  I’ve spent most of this week either sewing, cleaning, or swimming.  Busy, busy, busy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails