Friday, September 9, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal, week 1

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…

It’s been a little crazy.  We went up to Dallas last week to help Jeff’s Mom after surgery.  So we didn’t get much schooling in last week, and then we had Labor Day this week.  So I’ve been feeling like it’s all catch up all the time.  Housework, cooking, laundry, OH THE LAUNDRY!

In our homeschool this week…

We’re fighting to get back into the zone.  I had a lot of various appointments this week, which threw everything off.

My favorite thing this week was…

Small groups at our church starting back up.  I’ve missed getting together with them every week.

What’s working/not working for us…

Having school in the morning and getting started “promptly-ish.”

Things I’m working on…

Finding that groove.

I’m reading…

“Making Music in the Kitchen” for review.  I love the idea behind it, but am struggling every now and then with the writing, not because it’s bad but because I want to be reading something ridiculously not on topic and fantastic.  In other words some piece of fluff reading.

I’m praying for…

The people who have been affected by all of the wildfires in the area.  One family I’ve known since a kid who ran a campground my boys went to lost their home and the entire camp in the fires.  So far in the Bastrop fire 1300 houses have been destroyed, and in the Leader/Cedar Park fires I think it was about 50.  There is so much danger of wildfires right now there is talk of banning grilling outside and anything that looks like a fire.  We desperately need rain.  So very very desperately.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

034

Princess reading to Nana.

 

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway, I’m gonna draw a winner tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails