Sunday, September 25, 2011

Science Sunday: turtles

Science Sunday
We started studying sea turtles this week, and we got to the part about how hard and awkward it is for them to maneuver on land.  So, we tried to move like them.  The kids had to put their hands on their shoulders and could only move using their arms.
001
Needless to say, they did not move very much or very far.

Then we watched several videos on youtube of sea turtles laying eggs, hatching and baby sea turtles.
I can’t find the first one I had found which does such a great job of showing how hard it is for sea turtles to move, but this one was rather fascinating.
IMG_0423IMG_0427
Then I told them how I got to go see a sea turtle farm with baby sea turtles, which led us to videos of baby sea turtles.  We watched several, but I’ll only share with you their favorite, what I’ve dubbed the “Bite my finger, are you sure it’s not Uncle Sean” video.
Where would our lessons be without the wonders of youtube?
Related Posts with Thumbnails