Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Playful Spaces

So, I’m in the middle of taking the Playful Learning e-course, and I promise to tell you all about it when I’ve finished it.  I will tell you, that you want to sign up for it when you have plenty of time to do the homework because it obviously involves rearranging things and can be time intensive.

 

But, as I was getting ready for small group the other night I decided to set up a “Playful Space” to help preserve my upstairs………….  12 or so kids running around is not always conducive to a clean upstairs.

So, here’s what I came up with:

040041042043044045047048

I just set up our wooden Melissa and Doug castle on some green fabric with defenders all over the escarpments.  Then approaching the castle were all of the fantastical monsters on the grass.  Far off is the pirate ship on some blue fabric.

 

From the sounds of thuds I heard upstairs the boys really loved the set up.  The only complaint came from Princess who said the boys wouldn’t let the girls play with the castle.  You can’t win them all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails