Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bible Alive: Creation!

If this seems like a familiar topic it’s because I’ve taught it a couple of times before.  First because we did My Father’s World, and then because of Mystery of History.  This time it’s because we’re starting a 2 year trek through the Bible with our Sunday School class and my kids get to be the guinea pigs for activities.

072

 

For whatever reason I decided it’d be a brilliant idea to make a game of “Sort the days of Creation bean bag” toss.

 

So, I sat there and ironed on about 90 transfers onto squares and made insanely large numbers of bean bags.

Materials for book: creation printables, jello, index cards

Materials for bean bags: creation printables, fabric, iron on transfers, stuffing of some sort

033034

Then I took seven index cards and had the kids make a cheat sheet about the days of creation.  I printed off smaller version of the same pictures and made jello stickers (my counter and tables were covered in these sheets for days as they dried).

037038

They happily licked their way through the days of creation, and finally drew a picture of “God taking a nap.”

042043044045046047

And there’s their books to help them play the game.

003004

And there we played the game.  There were 3 different colors of bean bags, and I just so happen to have 3 kids.  Coincidence?  I think not…….


Related Posts with Thumbnails