Thursday, March 8, 2012

Indiana: Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy

Did you know these cute dolls were first made in Indiana?  I didn’t either until I started looking up facts on the state.

That of course requires reading one of their stories.  This particular one is the story of how they found their friend who had been stolen and rescue her from pirates.  Very saccharine sweet.

 

My kids didn’t quite think this was a requirement, they wanted to get to the craft project.

 

007008

Not that you can tell from Princess’ sour face.  She was not in a good mood that day.

 

I found a paper doll template on Kidley, I think it was one of the first blogs I discovered, and sadly it’s not writing anymore.

Then I turned them loose with a box of crayons, colored pencils, scissors, glue, and a box of scrapbook paper.  Their only instruction was to make a boy doll and a girl doll, an unpopular instruction with everyone.

 

And here’s what I got:

009010011012

I love the look on the boy’s face in the top picture, that really is his personality.  My kids never gave me a chance to get a picture of them with their pictures.  I love the variety, from the all colored to the some colored some paper.  All of them were unique.

 

The bottom right corner is one of my boys’ pictures.  I’d guess Superman from the one guy being all blue.


Shibley Smiles
Related Posts with Thumbnails