Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Applesauce ornaments

Every one's been making these lately, which was helpful for me because I knew I wanted to make them, but didn't know the recipe.

Here's the recipe I used: 5 Orange Potatoes, mainly because it said you could cook them. I don't think the kids have the patience to wait 4-5 days for them to air dry. There's also a slightly different recipe here at Pocketful of Posies.

Recipe:  1C cinnamon;  1C applesauce;  1T glue

Photobucket

1. Mix all the ingredients together. I think mine was probably a little wet, but it all mixes together fairly easily. Wow, Batman sure does look drugged in that picture.







Photobucket

2. Roll it out, ideally to about quarter inch thickness.










Photobucket
3. Cut out the ornaments. After you've cut them out use a straw to cut a hole in the ornament.










4. Place on cookie sheet and let dry. I put it in the oven at 200 for about 30 minutes or so, and turned them every 10 minutes.










All done waiting for them to get up from their "nap." If nap is what it's called when they stand up there and yell, "now can I come down?"

Edited to add: Ummmm..... very important thing to do. Make sure you label these as NOT FOOD. Otherwise poor unsuspecting husbands will excitedly think it's a cookie and eat them. I've been told they don't taste good.
Related Posts with Thumbnails