Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ellie Krieger: Chicken Teriyaki

I haven't joined up for a while because life has been crazy, I've cooked the food, but haven't written the posts......... But, I'm taking a few minutes to make sure I get this down:

Ingredients
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press or minced
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 pounds skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts)
2 teaspoons sesame seeds


Directions
Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in a plastic bag and shake like crazy to mix it up. Now add the chicken.  Then notice that you're supposed to let it marinate for 4 hours and mumble to yourself and move the planned meal to the next day

Put broiler on high, and put chicken on broiler pan, or if you're me don't be able to find your broiler pan and use a stoneware cookie sheet.  Cook 8 minutes then flip and cook for 8 more minutes.  Don't forget to sprinkle with sesame seeds.

RESULTS:  Everyone liked it!  That's a major achievement, Jeff is not usually a teriyaki fan, while I love teriyaki.  So, I was thrilled that it was a recipe he likes.  So, this gets added into my rotation of recipes, just like the Hearty Chicken stew from a few weeks ago that I never posted about (that one was so popular I ran out of food!)
Related Posts with Thumbnails