Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mailboxes and Dolls

dolls,sewing,Mommy crafts

Sadly, I don't have a better picture of my mailboxes.  I'm sure they'll be shown a lot more often because I plan to make that part of our school, writing letters.

Jackie over at Pocketful of Posies also has a crafting blog called: Blessings Overflowing where I found out about this idea.  I have to say hers are probably much cuter because she followed the pattern a bit better than I did.  As I was getting close to finishing I was running short on time, so I didn't put the little flag for the mailbox on, or something so it would stay closed.  Oh well, the kids love it.

And here's a close-up of the dolls:

dolls,sewing,Mommy crafts

This is a new outfit for Princess' birthday doll.  It's a new pattern from You Can Make This.  I'm super excited because I also won a couple of patterns for making pants for me and kids from Katie's Nesting Spot, that I'm going to be using a lot of paper and printer ink printing them out.

dolls,sewing,Mommy crafts

This is Superman's clone trooper.  I pretty much did what I did for his Halloween costume, except I haven't yet figured out a helmet.  Superman is convinced he needs a helmet.

dolls,sewing,Mommy crafts

Here's Superman without the clone trooper outfit on.  I had to make him a whole new doll because his original doll was Diego, and he's not as into Diego now.

dolls,sewing,Mommy crafts

Batman got an Anakin Skywalker doll.  I'm possibly going to remake the pants because the pants he has on right now have a tendency to fall off.  And that's not really good.

The boys are both convince that I still need to make their dolls boots to go with their outfits.  Which I'll probably do at some point, I have an easy way to make it on my embroidery machine, so it's a five minute project per set of boots.  It's just getting it done......
Related Posts with Thumbnails