Thursday, December 9, 2010

start: Gingerbread Man

 

So, we read what I think was this version of the book.  I’m not sure I got it in a Scholastic book order.    But, the kids were already familiar with the tale and were quickly chanting along “You can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man.”  Of course this is the original version so he does get eaten by the fox in the end.

40

 

Well, after reading it what was there left to do, but act it out using our popsicle sticks puppets from the printable I created at left (click on picture to get to download).

 

We got to work cutting and pasting and then happily put on a show.  And I say we because I was drafted to be part of it so we could show it to Daddy.

 

Only problem is Batman decided to add something, can you see the addition?

 

That’s right in our version at the end the Gingerbread Man is blown up by the Transformer…….  It was unusual.

 

 

 

007008

 

You know you don’t really get your post published if you don’t hit publish.

 

Now, head on over to A Mommy’s Adventures for more great art and book related activities.

Related Posts with Thumbnails