Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Madness

It was crazy man! Crazy!

The kids, the fun, the candy.

Photobucket

We started off the evening with pumpkin carving. Why? Because I was so behind I didn't get it all done earlier in the week.

Before we opened the pumpkin we guessed what would be inside of it. Superman thought there would be popcorn inside. I'm hoping that wasn't a serious guess.

Photobucket

There's nothing more worrying than your daughter picking up the sharp knife and saying, "I do it now." Yeah........ That wouldn't of ended well. I'm quite happy with her no ER visit record.

Photobucket

I did all of the actual carving with the kids directing me on what shapes and mouths and such stuff. Does anyone else get worried their hand is going to slip and they're going to cut their hand off or something? Or is that just me?

Photobucket

And once the pumpkins were carved they proceeded to sit there and feed their pumpkins. It was really rather unsettling. Seriously, isn't that a form of cannibalism? But the kids thought it was hilarious.

Photobucket

And everyone sitting behind their respective pumpkins.

Photobucket

Aren't they cool like that, okay slightly blurry, but it looks cool.

And here comes the obligatory pre-trick or treat mugging for the camera.

Photobucket
I love Batman's posing for the camera, he's supposed to be Anakin Skywalker.

Photobucket
Seriously, isn't he a ham?

Photobucket
And one where you can actually see Superman's face. Notice the fake grin.

Photobucket

And they're off trick-or-treating. Mean Mom alert, I don't let them walk on people's grass, so they have to actually walk on the sidewalks. I'm trying to teach them it's a way to show respect for other people's property.

I actually did kind of feel like a Mean Mom, because I'm trying to get them to understand the basics of politeness. You don't just grab the candy, you take what is offered, and you SAY "Thank you." I had so many times of making them go back up there and actually say it.

Towards the end Princess was getting quite tired, and we only went around the block right next to us. Of course she sped up once she got her Dad to carry her candy.

Photobucket

And the ultimate prize, getting to go back to our own home and trick-or-treat with Nana and Granddad.

But the biggest hit of the night: Vampire teeth!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then the cider cup needed to have the teeth......

Photobucket

Which then started a plague of teeth wearing household items.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails