Friday, November 13, 2009

Preschool: Dinosaurs week 1



Photobucket


READING

Photobucket

We continued to work on blending. I've been using two sets of the Fridge Magnet, and every now and then get tempted to buy the lower case letters set. But then I rmeember, I have a felt board letters, and wooden letters to go with our See and Spell puzzle, and then there's the letters I cut out and laminated from a workbook. So, I realize I really don't need to buy more letters. That would be a want.

I've been alternating with having them form the words out of the letters I give them, and I form the words and they read (in reality guess, but it's progress, because the guesses get better).

Photobucket

We read the poem 5 crazy dinosaurs from here (there's about 10 other ones to choose from):

5 crazy Dinosaurs sweeping the floor
1 got swept away, then there were four
4 crazy Dinosaurs chased by a bee,
1 got stung, then there were 3
3 crazy Dinosaurs playing with glue,
1 got stuck, then there were 2
2 crazy Dinosaurs out for a run
1 fell down, then there was 1
1 crazy Dinosaur acting like a hero
He went out to save the others, then there were zero

Ideas to go with this poem: find all of the numbers, look for letters, act it out (we used the felt board for this, and each kid got to take turns taking a dinsoaur off, I had to assign who got to be the last dinosaur because they all wanted to be the hero)

MATH

Photobucket

We used these flannel dinosaurs a lot this week. It made for great visual math problems. Counting the dinosaurs, comparing which group had more, are there more plant eaters or more meat eaters?

SCIENCE

Again with the dinosaur felt set we did many different activities, to see more go here.

LIFE

Photobucket

We made cookies because we saw them in a story. And yes she is licking the beater. I know it's not good for you, but I did it as a kid and survived just fine. (Yes, this is called rationalization).

Photobucket

This isn't really any skill, I just have a funny story. So, next to my computer is the printer/fax/scanner machine we have. The fax portion is just annoying because it has a phone and the kids love to come up pick up the phone and yell as loud as they can, "Hello, hello?" Then not really hang it up, and run off. It gets really old.

Photobucket

This was Uncle Sean's shirt as a boy. Uncle Sean wore it all the time during the summer, and he had a black hair net and pretend glasses that he would put on when he was pretending to be Clark Kent. As you can see I come by my pack rat tendencies honestly, because this has been in my Mom's house for 20 years.....

Photobucket

The silly boy fell asleep right under my feet, while I watched SYTYCD with a friend. He slept through the entire show, and his brother climbing over him to get into my lap.

Photobucket

Oh, and we went to the Rennaissance Festival here in Texas. To read more about that, and how much I LOVE it, follow the link.

I hope everyone else had fun weeks. It's amazing to me each week, how I start off thinking we didn't really do all that much, and then I sit down and see all we've done.
Related Posts with Thumbnails