Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stash challenge, or handy excuse to show off my recent work

Since I’ve been doing a lot of drawing recently with working on illustrating the Bible stories we’re in theory studying at a snail’s pace, I’ve been trying to figure out a good method of carrying the various things I need for it with me, so it’s portable, but still findable.

 

And here’s what I came up with:

 

060 063

So, that’s my pencil pouch for drawing it all up.  It’s got a divider in the middle, and on one side I put my pencils, erasers, and pens, on the other I put the papers I’m using for drawing it all out.  I put a strap on it so I can hook it up to my notebook, but I’m not as sure about that.  I end up detaching it when I start drawing, so long term I probably won’t use that part.  Oh well.

 

045  044

043

Do you like my messy dining room table?  I thought about making a production and cleaning it off, but I got these pictures a night or two ago and was tired.  That’s my project today I think, clearing the dining room table.

I kind of made this up as I went along.  I had these left over squares from a skirt I made a few years ago, there’s 12” finished squares just made of all sorts of blue cloth I had on hand.  I sewed two of them together to make a 24” long thing, cut one in vaguely half, and sewed it together, and then sewed pencil lines.  Honestly, it’s not all that great.  I should have put a bit more time in finding a pencil case tutorial because I was guessing at pencil size, so my first several “pencil holders” don’t work because the size isn’t big enough or is too big.

 

But, it’s functional, and some point soon I’ll be making another 3 or so because there’s these six greedy eyes that keep trying to steal mine.  I’m missing some of my super special Mommy’s only pencil…….

 

So, that’s my project.  I like it.  It’s fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails