Sunday, April 3, 2011

Science Sunday: eggs

Science Sunday

We’re getting closer and closer to finishing up our bird study.  And then it’s a chapter or so on flying reptiles and we’ve finished our study of flying creatures.

009

 

As we read what’s in an egg I realized they weren’t getting it, so I cracked a few eggs open and we looked at it to figure out the different parts of an egg.  Hmmm, that reminds me I need to go look up a graphic of an egg……  Excuse me as I dash off to Homeschool Share.

 

Okay, found almost exactly what I need: here.

 

012

 

Then I pulled teeth to get descriptions of what the egg felt like and what the different parts are for.  Really you’d think I was torturing them with how they were acting.

 

 

 

It’s mainly Superman talking there, with me pulling better descriptions out of them.  But, sometimes to truly learn something (like the parts of an egg) you have to get hands on and gross.

014_thumb3

 

And then you need to cook said science information.  It’s very scientific.  And yes, you do need an oven mitt the size of your arm to cook an egg.

 

 

Then happily devour any evidence.  A little later this afternoon (when they’re done eating lunch/watching Veggietales Easter Carol) we’re going to test their egg holders…….

Related Posts with Thumbnails