Thursday, May 26, 2011

Make Way for Ducklings

I was trying to come up with a great activity to do with “Make Way for Ducklings,” it’s the ‘Official State Picture book’ of Massachusetts, thanks to a third grade class lobbying for its inclusion.  I was really struggling with what to do that was age appropriate for little kids and older kids.  Then I found this idea. 

 

008

 

I don’t have a lot of pictures of this activity because they did it while I was reading the story.  Okay, I have one, taken afterwards.  I went to this page and printed off one of their map pages.  As I named the places in the story they found it and drew how they got there.

 

This was great because it was a struggle for my kids to figure it out, and a great review for the older kids.  My kids really loved it!

 

 

Here’s some additional links I found:

Homeschool Share unit on Make Way for Ducklings

pictures of the statues

Related Posts with Thumbnails