Monday, May 2, 2011

Math Monday: using the aids available

012013

I love this because Princess is remembering we have a 100s chart to help her figure out the answers.

 

She’s continuing to use the Preschool Packs over at Musings of Me to work on her counting about 10.  So, she takes her card over to the 100s chart and looks to see what the missing number is.

 

It’s such a nice simple way for her to work on her math.  I’m actually thinking of making each of my kids an office like I had for my students when I was teaching after listening to a talk about teaching distractable children.  Yes, yes that would be mine.  Mine are very distractable, not to the insane level of the kids she was talking about, but mine don’t concentrate super well.

 

If you want our hundreds chart, which is just printed on cardstock and cut out in rows.  Here’s the link:

hundreds chart.

Counting by 2s

Counting by 5s

Counting by 10s

I alternate which one I currently have in there and that’s the skill we work on each morning for counting (we count to 100 every morning, but which skip counting we do).

Related Posts with Thumbnails