Friday, June 3, 2011

Massachusetts: Mayflower and the Pilgrims

There are a whole slew of great books about the Pilgrims, but I wanted to do something a little different, so we watched, drumroll please:

I remember seeing this as a little kid and my Mom recording it, as well as the other historical specials (which I think I’m the only one who remembers these), and then watching it over and over and over again.

 

Ahhhh……  Good times!

painting the Mayflower

And what else do you do when learning about the Pilgrims, but make a Mayflower?

 

So, I saved a whole slew of milk cartons and orange juice cartons, much to Jeff’s chagrin, cut a hole in them, and then let the kids happily paint their own Mayflowers.

And now about a week later, while they’re resting I’ve set them up along with two of the lighthouses to be a fun playscape when they come down from “resting.”

019

What do you think, will this get me a few minutes of time alone?

020

Looks like the answer is yes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails