Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More awards

I have to admit it makes my day when I get the comment that someone has left me an award, and then I'm totally bad about actually fulfilling the requirements.  So, here goes, and hopefully I get it all right:


First is the sunshine blog award from over at My Family, My Forever, who I have to admit always has good music playing on her blog, and Casa Camacho, who has lots of fun ideas and I was totally amused by her potato post today (I'm writing this on Monday).

The rules for accepting this award are:
  • Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
  • Pass the award onto 10 bloggers.
  • Link the nominees within your post.
  • Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  • Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Now, here's my problem, I'm slow putting these things out, so everyone I would normally nominate has gotten this in the meantime.  So, I'm not going to pass it on by naming names, but if you haven't gotten this award yet and you're longing for it, just know you guys are a ray of sunshine in my life so feel free to grab it.



Amber over at Journey of Grace and Refined Metals Academy, does anyone else just love the names other people come up with for their blogs?  I sometimes just see them and think, "wow that was original," or some variation on that.  I love the name Refined Metals Academy.

So, to accept this you say 7 things you probably don't know about me.

1.  I know the names of all of the original Star Trek episodes, the names of the first five seasons of Star Trek Next Generation and part of the last two seasons, some of the Deep Space Nine episodes, and pretty much none of the Voyager or Enterprise episodes.  But, ironicly, okay apparently that's not a word, is it ironical? As I was saying, Deep Space Nine is my favorite Star Trek, because who doesn't love Worf and Sisko makes a great captain.

2.  Before I had twins I could never tell twins apart.  I think this is why God gave me twins, because He has a sense of humor.

3.  I'm a sucker for Lori Wick romance books.  Yes, they're predictable, yes, you can tell who is going to fall in love with who in the first 20 pages almost always, yes, no real man actually behaves like that, but there's something fun and enjoyable about knowing what's going to happen and not having to think too much.  It's a nice bit of fluff that can be read in about 2 hours.

4.  I like to start a project, but don't like the nitpicky details.  So, I have several sewing projects that are all done except for the final hem, or putting on buttons or buttonholes.  I hate sewing buttonholes, which is really silly because my current machine makes it really easy.  I just don't like sewing them.

5.  I'm a weird combination of procrastinator and someone who wants it done now, so I'm not freaking out in the long run.  That somewhat plays into number 4, so I'll get the project 90% done, and then get excited by the new project, and then suddenly my deadline is there and I'm finishing my dress in the car on the way to the event.  I kid you not, there's been quite a few times that I finished in the car on the way to the event.

6.  In high school I read a book a day.  I kid you not, I was a real introvert and bookworm, and that was my way of coping with life.

7.  I used to get really bad migraines when I was teaching.  I had 3-4 migraines a week, and I also lost a lot of weight.  I've since figured out that stress for me triggers migraines and weight loss.  Now the main time I get migraines or headaches is when there are pressure systems moving into the area.

8.  And here's a bonus fact for you, because I just thought of it and it amuses me.......  I'm fairly good at spelling and can usually figure it out if it's spelled wrong, but I'm horrid at grammar.  Seriously really bad at grammar.

So, that's my 7+1 facts. Hmmmm, that's kind of like the 6+1 writing traits I got trained on when teaching.

Now, who to pass it on to, I haven't seen this one going around as much, but at the same time don't want to pressure anyone into doing it that doesn't want to, but here's a few it'd be fun to know more about (while trying not to duplicate anyone I've recently given awards to:


Awww, what the heck.  I'm lazy and really don't want to spend the time searching out all the different people, so really I'd love to know more about all of you.  I mean, I love emailing ya'll and finding out random details about your lives, and I loved this in college when we'd get the forwards of "copy this to a new email, delete the other person's details, and put in your own answers."  They always amused the heck out of me, and I loved the one about happiness everyone was getting a while ago because I love reading what makes people happy, and I was very amused to read that so many other people say sunshine.

But, let me reiterate the I want to know about all of you, so if you don't want to fill out the actual award, instead tell me a random fact about yourself in the comments section.  It can be profound or silly, like most of mine tend to be.

And for the record:

I started this Monday, January 11, at 10:47
I am publishing this Tuesday, January 12, at 8:49
Related Posts with Thumbnails