Monday, June 28, 2010

Find new park: check

Remember my summer bucket list?

IMG_3068I know it was ages ago that I wrote about it, a whole week ago.  According to my kids that’s ages ago.

Oh, and I can also check off reading Proven Guilty and White Knight, finished those two.

Back, to the topic of this post, my new park.  A friend of ours introduced us to Central Market’s concerts on the weekend.  They play some sort of fun music, this time it was swing (SCORE!), only shame of it was Jeff’s ankle was hurting so we couldn’t dance.  But, the great part for the kids was the playground and IMG_3069the tree.  Oh the tree.  Well, I went back there with a friend of mine who knows a lot more about photography with plans of using her pictures for Jeff’s Father’s Day Present (that plan got messed up by my computer hating every photo website I usually use for editing and ordering stuff, so that’s still being worked on).

But, part of the appeal (for me, the kid who still wants to climb trees), is this awesome tree.  So, we went over to the tree and took lots and lots of pictures.  I mean lots.





IMG_3067 IMG_3073 IMG_3080 IMG_3088
Didn’t she take awesome pictures for me?  I had so much fun hanging out with her.
IMG_3077 IMG_3087 IMG_3090 IMG_3092 IMG_3092 IMG_3091
019
One of my favorites however was this one:

I just love the look on Batman’s face.  It’s such a great grin.  Superman is of course there in his Blue Arrow costume, and Princess is there as a princess.








041“But wait,” you ask, “wasn’t there a playground?”  “Why yes, thank you for reminding me.  I’ll stop being distracted by the insane cuteness level of my kids.”

Did I mention there’s also a pond there?  That’s where we discovered ducks eat bamboo.

062 - Copy - Copy






The playground isn’t anything you haven’t seen at a dozen other playgrounds.  There’s just a lot of playground there.



066

But part of the fun of this one is there are a lot of different ones.  When we went there for the concert there was easily 50 or so kids playing on it, and there weren’t any major fights.








072
Except when Batman, here, got all mad at someone because his name was also “Superman,” and he was very upset because only HIS Superman could have that name.  So, we had to have a long talk about how he couldn’t solve that problem by hitting the other kid.

Ahhhh, the crazy emotions of five-year-olds.

Okay, so when I write these posts in Livewriter they're not looking the same as when they're actually published, and I don't know what's happening there.
Related Posts with Thumbnails