Friday, June 18, 2010

Preschool Corner: how are we doing?



 
I figured it’d be a good idea to look at how I’m doing on my goals, and see what all we did this summer.

Reading
 008
We haven’t really read as many books as I’d like to of read.  I’m having a hard time transitioning to all of these playdates and figuring out which ones to say no to.  But, I’ll figure it out somehow.  However, we have completed several very fun stART projects.
 
Oh, and in another bit of amusing news.  Superman looked at this si002gn, and said “This has letters in my name.”  The sentence was furthered by him pointing to the exact letters in the right order.  It was one of those happy Mommy moments.

But, the cool news is we’ve progressed another book in their ReadingAtoZ and so now they’re up to book 11, I’ve come to the conclusion that some of the books are just hard to read based on the decodable words they use, and so I don’t focus on those as much.

Math

The kids seem to be really getting the hang of counting to 30, they can usually without help figure out which number is missing in the calendar and where to put it.  I don’t think they can count to 30 independently yet, they’re getting closer on 20, but still get some of the teens confused, but I had first graders who struggled with that, so it’s all good.

To work on this, we’ve been playing this game.

Science008
 
We’ve continued to learn about insects, and the kids have been LOVING this!  At some point I’ll put up all of the different insect things I’ve found, but our most recent favorite (that I’ve posted about so far) has been the bug eyes.

042Oh, and we went to the zoo!  It was a great way to see how much they’ve kept in their crazy little heads.




Social Studies
 032
We’ve started to learn about Colorado for our United States studies.  We’ve done several fun art projects for it, and the kids have been having fun showing me where it is on the map.

General Life
 036
We’ve been running around like crazy.  I’ve been trying to get everything ready for our trip, and that’s been lots of work.  We’ve also been going on lots of playdates and just having lots of fun.  Which I’ll probably post some pictures of later.

So, head on over to Homeschool Creations to see what everyone else is doing today.
Related Posts with Thumbnails