Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Me!

002

Eight years ago today I married my Prince Charming.  He’s the one on the right, at the swing dance we met at.  Jeff says, and I’ll admit he is right, we actually met earlier in Sunday School, but this is where I first remember Jeff really catching my eye.

About nine years ago our church was having it’s first ever annual swing dance (that was only held once), and I was debating about going.  I really wanted to go because I love to dance, and I’d been taking dance lessons so I actually knew how to swing dance.  But, I had a friend who was graduating up in Abilene, and I wanted to go to his graduation.  I had another friend who had invited me down to go with her down to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and I was really debating on this whole thing.  But, finally I felt God’s still quiet voice telling me I needed to go to this dance.  So, I did.  And obviously now I know why.
ticiajeffdance

And a little over a year later we were married.  It was a very crazy year that year.  That was the year of 9-11, and my first year teaching, and the year my Dad died.   I don’t know how I would have survived all of that without Jeff.  I had a super hard year teaching, and my Dad’s sickness was hard on me and my extended family.

Since I met him Jeff has been a rock for me, and I’m so glad he has.








Drake leaving delivery

Since day one, he’s been a good Daddy.  He plays with the kids, and has fun with them.  And he can tell them no when it’s required.
The other day he came home and played hide and seek with the kids.  It was so cute!










IMG_0423



There’s just something cute about a guy who is playing with kids, isn’t there?











067


How’s another eight years sound Jeff?  (this would sound a lot better if this were 10 or another multiple of ten, but hey this works).
Related Posts with Thumbnails