Sunday, June 13, 2010

Science Sunday:



This was one of those “so proud of my kids” moments.  We went to the zoo with some friends from church.

 015

Sigh, and this will be one of the few pictures of Princess with her shorts on.  After they got “dirty” she refused to wear them.  Stubborn, stubborn girl.  I have no clue where she got it.

 

 

 

022

 

That, is obviously not what I was proud of.  No, I was proud of how much they’ve remembered about the different animals we’ve read about.  They could tell you about how some of them were omnivores, and others were carnivores or herbivores.  It was so great.

 

011

 

There are so many great things you can learn from zoos.  There’s the random informational facts like on the sign next to us.  There’s talking about where an animal lives, and what it might need to survive.  Comparing animals.

 

045

 

And, if you’re lucky your zoo will have a playscape like this.  It gives the kids a chance to see what it’s like to be a monkey.  I still remember going to a zoo that let us climb around like prairie dogs and peek out of holes.

 

I’m sure you all knew this was a wonderful learning experience, but maybe you’d forgotten, and now you’ll remember it.

What’d you do for science this week?  I’d love to see what you did, and don’t forget to link back here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails