Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Favorite family board games

 

I’ve mentioned once before that I like games.  Sadly we haven’t gotten to play as many as I’d like.  If you ask my kids, here are their favorite games:

1.  Monopoly Junior Toy Story edition- ummmm, how is it that they can’t add and we have to show them how to make change every time, but they still win every time?  We’ve devised a couple of house rules:  Whoever is Buzz doesn’t get to be blue also; and Princess plays with Mommy (because she doesn’t have the patience to sit for the whole game).





2.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar game-  I don’t mind this one as much, probably because while it still relies on luck, I don’t sit there for 15 turns aware I’m going to lose and having to wait an eternity for the kids to win (can you tell I’ve been forced to play Monopoly Junior one too many times recently?).






3.  Superman (I think) got this for Christmas, actually I think it was Batman that got it from Superman.  Either way, this is a Scooby-Doo board game, and it’s surprisingly fun.  When you spin and get a ghost you have to push the ghost at the top down and when you do different things happen to the board that might send you back to start.  It’s really fun.  I just have to be careful they don’t lose the figures in playing with them.  Sorry Fred, I think you got caught by the ghost at some point.

Now if you left it to me, here’s what I’d want to play:

Carcassonne-  It’s a fun tile laying game where you are trying to get the most points by building the biggest cities, farms, roads, etc.  There’s a lot of expansion and each one adds in something different.  We’ve got about 5 of the expansions, and some of the mini ones.  Actually I talked about it back at my New Year’s post about my favorite board games.



And now I just need to remember to link this over to Kylie at  Our World Wide Classroom.



Related Posts with Thumbnails