Monday, July 26, 2010

Picking flowers

I’ve apparently had this sitting in my draft folder for about a month, since the pictures are from June.  But, here ya go.
003

I don’t know about your kids, but mine love picking flowers.  I’ve worked very hard on them understanding they can’t just pick any flowers.  They can only pick the flowers in our backyard and the flowers on the side of the road.

But, they kept picking them (“Mom, what’s Superman doing?”  “I think that’s you in the picture”) right below where the flower ends.

004

Do you know how hard it is to type with a five year old trying to climb into your lap like a kitten?  Okay, he’s been distracted by the remains of my breakfast shake.

So, I taught them how to cut flowers, and it was simple.  I had them grasp the flower in their fist, and then cut under their hand.  It’s still only about a 3 inch stem to put in a cup, but that’s about the perfect size for fitting in a coffee cup or a small tea cup.006

Or tucking in your hair.
Related Posts with Thumbnails