Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Arkansas: Diamond production

043

I have to admit, every time I write Arkansas, I think in my AR- KANSAS and then type it.  So, I’m going to be thinking that a lot over the next several posts.

 

Arkansas is one of the states where I had practically no books to speak of.  Actually my first time around I cam up with nothing.  I stopped at their visitor center and BEGGED for information.  They gave me a wonderful set of coloring books for their state symbols and a big huge stack of state maps.  SCORE.  So, let me emphasize again, always visit Welcome Centers when you are traveling, you never know what material they might share with you!

 

030Arkansas is the only state in the contiguous United States that has a diamond mine.  I don’t think Alaska or Hawaii have one either, but I know for sure none of the Lower 48 states do.  However, my library didn’t really have any good books on diamonds.

 

So, we talked about diamonds, and then we designed our own jewelry using glitter glue and sequins.

 

I got some interesting designs………

038039042043044

Can you guess which one was made by the 2 year old?

 

Which one was made by Batman?

 

Which one was made by Superman who explained to me “This is a machine jewelry it can……?”

 

Which one Princess made?  And which one was made by my super literal child in the coop?

Related Posts with Thumbnails