Thursday, February 17, 2011

Aesop’s Fables

This fits into so many linkies.  It’s a great art tool.  It’s a fun way to bring in history (which is how we originally used it), great object lessons you name it.  I love Aesop’s Fables and Rudyard Kipling’s Just So Stories.

 

And, an extension I just thought of as I’m typing, you could totally tie this in to Jesus’ parables with the older kids.  There is a reason so many stories are told in this way because it’s an easy way to get a lesson and rather disarming.

031

 

Knowing I wanted to do some fun stuff with it, but I didn’t want to draw it all out which is my bad default habit, so I searched on Google and found the DLTK Kids site for Aesop’s Fables.

 

Perfect!

 

I printed off three that fit favorite animals or ones I thought they would most enjoy: The Bat, The Birds, and The Beasts; The Lion and the Mouse; and The Tortoise and the Hare.

 

For the kids I printed off the black and white moral of the story.  For me I printed off the stories and copied them into a word document to make a super simple pop-up story for their history books.

004005006

In case you can’t tell how it’s made you cut around most of the picture, but leave a little bit on both sides still attached.  Then you fold that in the opposite way the card will open.

 

Underneath to give it a bit more stability I put a second piece of scrap paper to help it hold up better.  The kids had so much fun with these stories.

 

I’m going to link this over at:

abc buttonPhotobucket
Shibley Smiles

Seriously, I love my blog button table, I just copied and pasted in order they happen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails