Thursday, February 24, 2011

Geography: Kansas

Photobucket

As I mentioned (I think, I know I did over at ABC & 123), we’re restarting our state studies with 2 other families, but I wanted to finish up posting about what we’ve done so far, before restarting it all.

 

This time we’re going in order of the states entering the Union.  So, on Wednesday (which will be yesterday for you guys, if I schedule this for Thursday), we’ll have studied Delaware.  And the week after that we’ll be learning about Pennsylvania.

 

So, any suggestions for Pennsylvania and New Jersey would be much appreciated (I have some ideas for Pennsylvania, but none yet for NJ).

 

However, back to Kansas:

 

024

Here’s what you see:

 

On the left: meadowlark, buffalo

 

Aunt Minnie and the Twister paintings (that’s what’s in the envelope)

 

 

On the right hand side: sunflower paintings

State symbols book (link to printable)

 

Twisted Tale (in the pocket are the illustrations)

 

And on the bottom is the life cycle of a sunflower, which dovetailed nicely with this math activity.

 

Other things we did, but aren’t in the book:

watched Wizard of Oz, I was going to make puppets for it, but opted not to.

made tornado proof houses.

And that’s our Kansas study……..

Related Posts with Thumbnails