Saturday, February 19, 2011

What we read this week, more or less


Do you ever notice that when you sit down to write these posts you know you’ve read lots and lots of books but you can’t for the life of you remember what they were called?
And it’s always after I’ve returned a bunch of them to the library.

HITS OF THE WEEK:

Guess What I found in Dragon Wood- so cute and a fun twist on the “Guess what followed me home” style of book.  It was fun to watch Jeff’s face on the other side of the room as he listened and didn’t know what the pictures were showing and he was oh so confused.  Highly recommend this.

How to Make a Cherry Pie and see the USA- much like the international version she’s missing what she needs to make her pie, only this time it’s the cooking utensils.  So, she flies all around the country to get what she needs to make a bowl, spoon, etc….  Still very cute and amusing.

Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room- I’m not sure if this copy is the one I had when I was a kid or not, but I certainly remember reading it as a kid and my Mom embarking on a cleaning tirade (that may be a slight overstatement), but either way it was cleaner after we read this.  That’s my goal for my house as well.

Side note, I just sent off 4 garbage bags full of toys to go to Salvation Army, and I’ve got two HUGE tubs of books to head off to Half Price Books (and that’s just going through Jeff and I’s books, and not all of them either).  We might have a book collection problem.

Not hits, but cute:

One Lighthouse, One Moon- gorgeous pictures, and simple text.  Maybe a little too simple for my kids, but there’s so much you could draw from it, but they were not in the mood (too distracted by the tent we’d just put up).
Related Posts with Thumbnails