Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday was a huge success

Or, at least that's my opinion. We had a knight themed party, we didn't decorate, just let the kids have a blast running around and playing together. The only really themed part of it was the party favors and the cakes.........

As each guest came in they were given a shield to decorate with markers and stickers. After they'd decorated it sufficiently they brought it to me and I hot glued a milk carton handle to the back. Once everyone was mostly done with their shields we gathered everyone around and Superman and Batman got their super special birthday present we'd worked on the weekend before: their very own swords and armor. Then everyone else got a foam sword, and the fun ensued. Everyone had a blast whacking each other with swords.

It was lots of fun to watch my kids running around and playing with kids of all ages, our youngest attendee that participated turns 2 later this month, and the oldest was 9 (I think). There were no lasting bruises, a few bumps, but no cuts. So, I think we did good.
Superman and Neighbor Girl fighting

Batman and friend fighting


Batman and Superman open their armor as Princess watches.


We have amazingly generous friends and the boys had such a blast opening presents. Now I'm slowly letting them each open one a day so I'm not suddenly inundated with new toys. It's somewhat working.....

They have really loved all of the presents they've opened, and I can tell you that their favorites so far are: Batcave (that was a no brainer), the castle, their hoppers, and the Batsubs..... I think once they open the squirt guns and the caterpillar water toy that will also be a favorite. That's my guess based off of how much they love playing in the water.

Well, I'd write more about the party, but I set a 30 minute time limit for myself on the computer so I'd achieve something while the kids are sleeping.

Related Posts with Thumbnails